Sunday, April 13, 2014

Interactive Card-making with Karen Burniston

Yesterday I was able to attend an interactive card-making class with a stamping friend of mine, Tara Johnson, at Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston with the amazing Karen Burniston.  She has designed die cuts for Sizzix, Stampin' Up! and now she is with Elizabeth Crafts.  We made four cards, one of which is shown below.  I think I had only made one or two interactive cards, ever, but that was before there were die cuts, which is why I didn't ever make more than two!  Well, my eyes were opened yesterday to just how special and different these cards can be.  Check out the front of this Easter card:

It's hard to tell but when closed shut, there's a perfectly cut out butterfly from the inside of the card that shows from the front through the cut-out window.  Here's the inside:
Pretty neat, huh?  I bought a couple of dies and spent all afternoon today making more!

Here's a picture of all of us holding our favorite card we made that day.  Karen is the tall one with the apron on.

BTW, the "Happy Easter" stamp is a really old one from Stampin' Up! -- from 2002!

I'm really glad I tried something new.  It was definitely worth the time and money!  Hope I've inspired you to do the same!

Thanks for stopping by,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment